The NZ think-tank seeking answers to the 'global questions'
- How does ‘global studies’ better inform the political, professional, and academic communities about world affairs in the 21st century?
- What is the difference between the ‘global community of peoples’ and the ‘international community of states’; and how do they inter-relate?
- How do the Centre’s ‘structural programmes’ (global citizenship; global governance; global law) inter-relate; and how do they influence the Centre’s ‘thematic programmes’ (global security; global sustainability’)?
- How to bring 20th thought – the foundation of the international system – into the 21st c. with optimal balance between stability and creativity, to solve our contemporary global problems?
- How to ensure that current ‘global dynamics’, both spatial (inter-regional) and temporal (inter-generational) are harnessed most effectively in the global public interest?
EventsThere are no upcoming events at this time.
The Centre will be hosting a speaking-tour for Prof Azza Karam, former UN official, Professor of Theology, and Secretary-General of Religions for Peace International. She will give talks and hold me...May 9 @ 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
On 30 April, members of the Centre made verbal presentations, in support of written submissions, to Parliament’s Foreign Affairs Committee, on two amendments to the Rome Statute on international cri...April 30 @ 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
The Centre will be hosting two events for Dr Augusto Lopez-Claros, internationally-renowned economist, whose co-edited book has just been published: Global Governance & the Emergence of Global In...April 4 @ 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
On 7 February the Director of the Centre lodged a submission to the NZ Parliament’s select committee on making international aggression by New Zealand a domestic leadership crime. This has already c...February 7 @ 5:00 pm