The NZ think-tank seeking answers to the 'global questions'
- How does ‘global studies’ better inform the political, professional, and academic communities about world affairs in the 21st century?
- What is the difference between the ‘global community of peoples’ and the ‘international community of states’; and how do they inter-relate?
- How do the Centre’s ‘structural programmes’ (global citizenship; global governance; global law) inter-relate; and how do they influence the Centre’s ‘thematic programmes’ (global security; global sustainability’)?
- How to bring 20th thought – the foundation of the international system – into the 21st c. with optimal balance between stability and creativity, to solve our contemporary global problems?
- How to ensure that current ‘global dynamics’, both spatial (inter-regional) and temporal (inter-generational) are harnessed most effectively in the global public interest?
The Centre is planning to host a Webinar Talk in September by Prof Azza Karam, former UN official, Professor of Theology, and Secretary-General of Religions for Peace International. Details to foll...October 31 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
The Centre’s Director has been appointed by the EU & International IDEA as project writer for the INTER-PARES project for the climate change theme. The aim is to assist MPs around the worl...September 30 @ 6:00 pm
The Centre is collaborating with the UN Association of New Zealand in a joint research project on ‘Reforming Multilateral Institutions’. The project coordinators are Dr Kennedy Graham (N...September 30 @ 12:00 pm
On 5 August, the Centre will be co-hosting with the NZ Centre for Public Law a webinar Lecture by Dr Augusto Lopez-Claros, internationally-renowned economist, whose co-edited book has just been publis...August 5 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
On 30 April the Director and Prof Neil Boister testified verbally to Parliament’s Foreign Affairs Select Committee on the ‘Certain Weapons’ amendment to the Rome Statute, following t...April 30 @ 5:00 pm