Who we are
Our website address is: https://nzcgs.org.nz/. The publisher of this website is New Zealand Centre For Global Studies.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
In general, you can visit our website without providing any personal information. We usually collect the following information;
If you leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, your IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
If you upload images to this website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Contact forms & newsletter sign up
If you contact us via the contact form on our website, we will collect and store the data you’ve supplied in a secure server and we will also pass this data through various servers and services (“email”) so that it can reach the intended recipient and allow them to reply accordingly. You may also be prompted to join our newsletter and if you do we will also collect and store any information you’ve provided, for marketing and communications purposes.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
This site utilises multiple analytics services (e.g. Google Analytics and the like) to help us to improve the overall experience for all users. All information is anonymized before storage and processing begins.
Who we share your data with
We do not knowingly share your data with any unauthorised third party. If we do share your data, it is purely to provide the service(s) you have requested, or to provide the best experience for you on the site.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team will have access to the information you provide. For example, our admin team can access visitor / subscriber information such as your name, email address, and other information you may have provided.
How long we retain your data
Data is retained indefinitely so we can provide the appropriate services. Data deletion / purges may happen when necessary.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service (Google captcha).
If you join up to our newsletter, your information will be transferred to our service provider to enable them to collect the relevant data and add you to the correct list.
Errors & omissions
We try very hard to ensure all information on this website is accurate. However, from time to time, mistakes can occur. If you identify any issue or wish to report a problem, please contact us.
General website Terms & Conditions
1) By accessing this website, you agree that we, and those officially recognised as associated to or party to this website (hereinafter referred to collectively as “the publisher”) cannot be held responsible for any error, omission, fault or inaccuracy and shall not be liable for any loss or damage howsoever caused to any user / party.
2) All comments / contributions made by users to this website (either those with an account or not) in public areas (e.g. comments, testimonials, reviews, guest articles and the like) are the sole legal responsibility of the person posting them and may not reflect the opinion of the publishers.
3) The publishers reserve the right to amend, change, delete or modify as appropriate, any information or detail on one or all pages of this website without notification, at any time.
4) All information, documents, photo’s, illustrations, pictures, images, and all media, words, ideas, trademarks, designs and concepts contained within this website shall remain the property and copyright of the publishers and may not be copied, duplicated, screen-grabbed, borrowed, hired, lent, linked to (via hyperlink), distributed, broadcast or used in any way, without express written permission. All Rights Reserved.
5) All trademarks, logos and materials belonging to any third party (whether expressly specified or not) displayed on this site, shall remain the property and copyright of the respective owning entity.
The information provided on this Website is intended for general guidance only. Users of the information contained on this website must make their own assessment of the suitability and appropriateness of the information described.
To the maximum extent permitted by law:
- All warranties, representations and guarantees (whether express, implied or statutory) are excluded, including without limit, suitability, fitness for purpose, accuracy or completeness of this website or the content on, or accessed through, it; and
- You use this site at your own risk. In no event shall the publishers be liable for any damage or loss, arising out of your use or inability to use this website, or anything contained within it.
If you need any assistance, or would like clarification on any of the above, please contact us.